Sunday, October 11, 2009

Half Marathon

I finished my first half Marathon yesterday. I was part of a 4-person marathon relay team, each person taking a quarter. I started with the first leg and continued on the second leg with one of my teammates. I finished in 1hr 50 something-minutes. There were around 20,000 runners on this day. Here are some pictures to prove that it actually happened!

Here's a shot of the crowd

Here we are passing mile 10-ish. At this point I had finished the first leg and was about halfway through the second leg.

There were a couple of crazy people (A relative term) who ran the marathon. Another ran in a farmer's outfit and another juggled 6 balls while running the marathon.

After the first half of the marathon, we hung out until the others were getting close to the finish line. Then we jumped in and crossed together.

The four of us after the race.

4 comments:

MAYFAMILY said...

Way to go, Steve! Super impressive!

Unknown said...

you should go running in a blue tux more often, it looked good on you!

Steve Laverty said...

Thanks Stuart!

Amy M. said...

Way to go Steve. I would have believed you even if you had no pictures. Future bishops don't lie.