Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Blue Buffet


I'm starting to get into thrifting. What a thrill to see potential in a piece of furniture that looks a little shabby and then transform it and update it. I recently bought this small buffet at a Good Will store for $12(yes- I was ready to do cartwheels). I also got the botanical print above it for a few dollars (yippee!). I was ready for a project. Here's the look of it now-


Here's what she looked like before- (WaWa)



The basement is getting an update too. This was the state of affairs during another one of 'mom's crazy project modes' with Bailey and Lilly watching a movie. I painted the buffet while they hung out nearby. Steve and I also painted over our red basement walls and stayed with a neutral base called Rope, by Eddie Bauer.


I used Valspar's Peacock Blue and spray painted the knobs and pulls a gold.

I'm happy to have a refreshing look.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

It looks amazing! Love the peacock blue, which pops even more against the lighter walls. Well done!

Michael and Lia said...

Looks great Tracy - I am hoping in a couple more years I will be able to take on some projects like that. I love that blue color. The cherry blossoms are so pretty - I am glad you went early as I have heard of others going when they had already bloomed and gone. Love you guys!

Cobbs Hill said...

Wowee this looks beautiful! It's completely transformed! I love the color and that you brightened up the knobs- great job!