Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Apple Pie


We had a great visit with the Laverty family- Texas branch. Mike, Lia, Julia and baby Colton drove all the way from Texas and stopped at our house for a few days, before heading up to Martha's Vineyard for the fishing derby- lucky! Here they pose at a civil war battlefield near Harper's Ferry, where we toured around.
Lauren and cousin Julia having fun.
The babies, Lauren and I went apple picking with some of our friends at a beautiful orchard. Luckily, my friend Lindsay had a baby carrier and held Bailey, while I held Lilly.

The rewards of apple picking- our homemade apple pie. Thanks to Grandma Muriel we have a terrific recipe- which turned out amazing. Don't you just love Fall? Movie line- "If I knew you I would send you a bouquet of sharpend pencils."

2 comments:

Hurtado Family said...

I think about that YOu've got Mail line every Fall! I bet you just love that Tom Hanks.

MAYFAMILY said...

Man, I miss fall in the East. It's lovely out here, but apple orchards and leaf peeping are just the best out there!