Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day and Anniversary

Steve and I celebrated nine years of marriage on May 9, 2009. "Do I hear a niner in there?" What a great nine years it has been. How lucky am I to have a great husband who still loves me even through I can be a bit crazy sometimes, but I guess that comes with the territory now that he is in the land of all women in his life.
We had a great date night while mom and dad, who came for a wonderful mother's day visit,had their hands full. We went out to Georgetown for dinner and then went to the Kennedy Center for a concert by the National Symphony Orchestra. The performance was a bit interesting, since it was contemporary week at the Kennedy. I thought it would be your normal classical performance, but this one could be compared to modern or contemporary art- there is more theory behind it than meets the eye (or, in this case, the ear).
Mother's day was beautiful and dad and Steve did a wonderful job making us feel pampered. They cooked a great breakfast and dinner.

Tracy with the babies.


Classic dad- asleep while the girls watch a movie on Papa's computer.



Mom with Lilly.





3 comments:

Steve Laverty said...

A bit crazy? I love you baby!

Aubrey said...

I love that picture of dad - classic. He falls asleep every time he holds Charlotte.

Aubrey said...

p.s. cute haircut Trace