Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tracy's 1/2 Marathon

This weekend I was able to accomplish a goal- a 1/2 marathon at Towson University. It was a great race especially since I was able to run it with some good friends. The course was a trail run that was fairly flat.

This picture was taken about 7 miles into it. The race was a out and back type of race.

Elinn and her husband ran it together and they made a great team. This year, Elinn and I have been helping each other by watching each others' children while we run. What a dear friend she is and I'm glad we could accomplish our goals.

The whole gang- Steven, Elinn, Jody and Tracy. At the end we were all a little dehydrated. What a hot day- it was in the mid 80's when we ran. I ran it in 2 hrs. 7 min. Now I think I will rest awhile and eat a well-deserved chocolate cookie that the girl's and I made.




4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Well done Trace! I think you do deserve a cookie or two. Perhaps a dozen. It was hot here too - so I can only imagine the weather down there! Congrats!

Charlene said...

You look great after those 13 miles. Good Job Tracy!

MAYFAMILY said...

Great job, Tracy! I hope I can do even close to that well when I run my half in July (don't ask why I signed up for one in the middle of the blazing summer). Turbo Tracy strikes again!

Amy M. said...

Great Job Trace! Most Impressive. I'll make you some of my cookies next time. You deserve one.