Thursday, August 18, 2011

Family Furniture

This past Easter when we went to visit Steve's mom she said we could take some old furniture that they had just sitting in an old barn. Hello goldmine! I was thrilled. We took a few pieces back with us since we couldn't fit too much more in the car with kids and luggage. This picture is the rocker that I spray painted a creamy white. Then Steve and I reupholstered the seat. The girls love it since its their size. What I also love about these pieces are that they have a history connected to Steve's side of the family and now it has new life and a new home.
Here's the before: I sanded these babies down and discovered good solid wood for the side tables. Steve helped me strengthen them and cut the legs down a little since we want them to be side tables by our bed. I painted them a coral color. The after shot for the tables will be coming soon.

No comments: