Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Beast that turned into a Beauty

This entertainment center was something we bought when we first were married and we loved it. However, over the past eleven years of bliss, it has taken on some bumps and bruises and it was a bit dated. I actually wanted to paint it last year, but Steve kept saying he didn't want me to- he liked it just fine. A few weeks ago we reached a compromise- he could stain the console table that he was making (more on this later) if I could paint the entertainment center. Done. It took a week and a 1/2 to finish this project with some long nights involved. I read several blogs on how to paint laminate. You can read here how we painted it. Our house was under construction during this process- its good to have it back to normal and less clutter.


Here's the before shot in all its cardboard- backed beauty.


Now we have a bead board backing that we painted with a mix of colors from our paint supply store in the basement.


Another improvement we made was to hide all the wires and access holes. No more wires!


3 comments:

ellen said...

It looks great!

Michael and Lia said...

Everything looks great. I love that you did beadboard backing - that was a great idea. I think "the boys" have something against painted furniture - I run into the same thing w/Michael. I am like you w/the cottage/beachy look and like white stuff and Michael likes to see the wood on everything... crazy men. Love you guys!

Amy M. said...

Great job Tracy. You are a creative woman. It all looked nice before too- but I really like the improvements.