Thursday, October 13, 2011

the china cabinet


I found this beauty at a local antique store that was on a major sale! Yippee! I had been looking for a china cabinet like this one on Craigslist hoping for this look with the broken arch up top. We have been in need of more storage as of late since I keep finding paper clutter everywhere. The cabinet needed a little TLC so of course I painted it (Steve helped too). We used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. It's not chalkboard paint, but a special paint that distresses easy and you don't need to sand or prime. I really liked using this paint because there is no major prep work, and it only needed one coat.


Our house has been looking like this lately with all the projects we're doing. But we had to take all the pieces apart to get by all the glass.


Here's the before


and here she is now! We are very happy to have a place to hide some craft clutter and display books.

2 comments:

Kate in Austin said...

I love it. Great job. Which ASCP color did you use? Can't tell if it is gray or blue?

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

This is gorgeous~ I love the colors - it's so charming painted!! Would love if you would share this at my weekend party at my blog!