Sunday, June 24, 2012

Grandparents

I have quite a bit to catch up on since April, my last post. In the month of May both my grandfather (my mom's dad) and grandmother (my dad's mom) passed away within a week of each other. My Papa was in his 80's and died with complications after he had by-pass surgery. He was such a great man and a good grandfather. He loved to fix up cars and go doon bugging. He was an engineer, a history buff, a hunter and became a softy over the years- especially to his grand children. He's holding Bailey (I think- or maybe Lilly, I can't really tell) in this picture sitting next to Jenny. It was a real blessing to go out to New Mexico for his funeral and be with all my family. What has been amazing is all this has happened before my parents leave for their mission for our church (more on that later).
 

Mama Jean is what we called my grandmother and she died at the age of 94. She was such a sweet loving woman. I had the privilege of being around her and my Granddad every summer on Martha's Vineyard. She was a very talented woman- she played piano well and painted many beautiful landscapes. When I think back she inspired me to have an appreciation of the arts. We had a special service for her in Alexandria,VA with many of our family there. This is a picture of her with Alison teaching her piano (2005). She now joins her husband and many of her family up in heaven where she will be much happier. 
I will miss both of them, along with all my family, but I know I will see them again. 

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Wonderful memories of your grandparents Tracy. We will all miss them and we know we will see them again in the eternities. What a blessing!