Saturday, August 16, 2008

Island Fishing

I've been out fishing a couple times since I've been here and haven't seen a thing. The water is really warm and the fish have been out to sea. Conrad, Stewart and I went fishing one morning in Lobsterville from sunrise through the falling tide and didn't see anything. We ended up on the Lobsterville side of the Menemsha jetties. Still no fish. The only thing we did see were some scup and other small fish. We were determined not to get skunked so we tried fishing for scup. Luckily, Conrad brought his tackle box which contained some small hooks and Power Bait. Here are some of the pictures of the mighty fishermen...

Here I am with the first fish of the day. It was one of those moments when you ask yourself, "what have I become?" I used Power Bait in Menemsha.

Here is Conrad (Jenny's fiance') with his prize catch for the smallest fish of the day.

Stewart caught the most fish.

While Stewart was catching all of the monster fish on the Jetty, Conrad decided to try Power Bait on his Broken Back Rebel.
While the three of us were fishing for these tiny fish, a group of three people came to fish with us. They asked how the fishing was going and I said that there was nothing but these tiny scup. They replied "That's great! That's what we came for!" and they joined the party.

1 comment:

Mike and Lia said...

Stephen, you must have snagged my bait.