Friday, June 3, 2011

More Backyard Birthday

The big change around here is that Bailey and Lilly now have different haircuts. Bailey has a bob and loves saying "Bailey Bob" and Lilly has the longer hair now. So its easier to spot who is who and their first initial goes with their corresponding haircuts. These two are so funny when they play together and they love to get into mischief . They sing a little song from Wonder Pets-"Lets go to work- Teamwork!" and that's when you better watch out because their working on making a mess or trying to get that snack or treat they know they shouldn't get into. Besides all that they are truly sweet. Bailey recently had pneumonia and had to have some shots and a nebulizer treatment at the doctors. While we were there Lilly was trying to make Bailey laugh and kept doing all sorts of cute things to get her to smile- when she did she would say- "Yea- I made Bailey laugh!" Oh, as a mother your heart melts when you hear your children getting along and being kind.

On another note- here is a closer shot of the decorations I made for their party. I made these zig zag streamers in rainbow colors- you can find them here. I also made these star medallions that I stamped in the middle to say SISTERS. Then I made a triangle banner that I stamped on it BIRTHDAY. I think all the decorations gave it a festive feel.


I made these easy chocolate-dipped marshmallow lollipops and the kids went wild for them.

Lastly, I decided to make two birthday cakes this year. Steve helped me make a banana cake with a chocolate frosting.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

You did such a good job on the decorations and their cakes look so cute! I love Bailey's little bob. I also really like the star medallion decorations.

amy stansel said...

tracy- you are so so creative. I always love seeing the cute parties you throw. Also I love the frames you hung up. Looks GREAT!! hope you are well!