Sunday, June 26, 2011

School is out


Yes, Summer time is here! I made my first ever French lemon tart for Father's Day. I was so happy because not only does it look similar to the ones at the Wegman's bakery it tasted so delicious. I got the lemon filling from here and for the topping I took berries and sliced peaches mixed it with a little lemon juice and sugar over the stove and it made a syrupy glaze. What a treat!


Next up- I made these Summer Popsicles from here and we all enjoyed them. However, I have to agree with my sister Aubrey- they taste better if you mix the pureed strawberries in with the yogurt.



Alison and Lauren on the last day of school and yes Bailey is wearing a tutu and a blue cape to the bus stop.


Lauren won an award at school for being a "kid of character." She loved kindergarten and cried the last day of school because she said she will miss her teacher. What a sweet girl!


Alison had a piano recital recently and one of the songs she played was a
duet with her good friend Emma. Alison has done a great job learning the piano this year.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

That tart looks delicious! We can't wait to see you soon!